Watch in your Tesla!: https://aohelp.me/SXflex
By far the best way to learn how to install it successfully is to watch the video, it’s 4 minutes long and is specifically made for installing these protectors into your Tesla. With the right preparation, they’re easy to install.
Here’s some important tips:
- Wash and dry your hands before starting. If you have to touch the back of the protector, you don’t want to leave any finger prints.
- Dust is your enemy. Make sure your climate control is off and windows and sunroof are closed. Keep kids, cats and dogs out of the area. Don’t sneeze.
- Move the car into sunlight to help spot the aforementioned pesky dust.
- Wear something fluff-free when doing the install. A Spandex onesie is ideal, if not particularly fashionable.
- Use Scotch Magic tape (not Sellotape) to remove any dust that gets trapped under the screen protector.
- Clean the screen really well before starting. It’ll make the whole process so much easier. If you have cleaning fluid or pads for your eye glasses, use it to lift off any residue, otherwise just use a damp microfiber cloth (followed by a dry one) to reduce the static on the screen.
- Align the top of the screen protector with the top of the screen when you start to apply it – it’s a perfect fit, so this way you will not have ‘extra’ to tuck in at the bottom
- When using the supplied card to work out any bubbles, do this before removing the secondary protective layer. Once that’s off, just use the microfiber cloth (or wrap the cloth around the card). This helps to protect the film from scratches.